Major fundraising campaign ‘’Nurturing Future Generations, one spoonful at a time” (2014-2018)
Fondation Olo and its partners have big plans for little ones. The major fundraising campaign, “Nurturing future generations, one spoonful at a time” wrapped up in June 2016 when it reached its goal of raising $5 million to support its mission and to deploy its action to support families in their development of healthy eating habits. (Read the article in French.)
The major fundraising campaign aimed to support the following projects:
- Pursuing the main objective of Olo during the prenatal period by providing expectant mothers with an egg, 1 L of whole milk, a glass of orange juice, and vitamin and mineral supplements every day. These are delivered through the individual support services offered by CLSCs.
- Improving access to the program in communities where poverty is very high.
- 1000 Days to Savour Life:
- Foster recognition of the importance of the family meal, of parents as primary role models and of parenting skills, which are at the root of maintaining healthy eating habits (eating well, cooking, family mealtime).
- Provide parents with items and resources that are adapted to their reality.
- Support the health care practitioners working with these parents by sharing best practices.
“The success of this major fundraising campaign is that it allows Fondation Olo to expand its action from the prenatal stage all the way to babies learning to eat. This summarizes our intention to support parents not only during pregnancy but also in their babies’ discovery of food during the first years of life.”
– Élise Boyer, General Manager at Fondation Olo