- 2 tbsp (30 ml) canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large potato, washed and diced
- Minimum 4 cups (1 litre) of your choice of vegetables, washed and diced (ex. carrots, rutabagas, squash, sweet potatoes, leeks)
- 4 cups (1 litre) of chicken broth
Instead, you can also use water, tomato juice or homemade vegetable broth.
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk or water
- In a large saucepan on medium-low heat, cook the onion in oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the potato and vegetables to the saucepan.
- Add the chicken broth and turn heat up to medium-high.
- Bring to a boil and cook 20–30 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Let cool 5 minutes and add the milk or water.
- Purée it using a food processor or blender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
*Delicious served with cornbread!