- Servings: 12
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
- Cost per serving: 33¢
- Storage: 4 days in the fridge. Can be frozen.
- Kitchen tools: Measuring cups and spoons, muffin pan, paper muffin cup liners (or oil), small bowl, large bowl, fork, spoon
- This original recipe was developed by Extenso—the Université de Montréal reference centre on human nutrition.
- 4 bananas
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) canola oil
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) sugar
- 1 egg
- 375 ml (1½ cups) all-purpose flour
- 125 ml (½ cup) quick cooking rolled oats
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking soda
- 7.5 ml (1½ tsp) baking powder
- 1 ml (¼ tsp) salt
- 250 ml (1 cup) frozen cranberries Or other fruit (raspberries or blueberries, for example)
1. Place oven rack in the middle position and preheat the oven to 190oC (375oC). Oil a muffin pan or line with paper muffin cup liners.
2. In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
3. Add the oil, sugar and egg. Mix.
4. In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, rolled oats, baking soda, baking powder and
5. Pour the dry ingredients over the banana mixture and stir together gently.
6. Fold in the frozen cranberries and mix just enough to spread the fruit throughout the dough.
7. Use a spoon to fill the muffin cups. Bake about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
This recipe provides foods from the following food groups:
- Grain products
Delicious served with a glass of milk or fortified soy beverage.