- Servings: 4
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Cost per serving: 50¢
- Storage: Serve immediately, before they lose their lovely appearance.
- Kitchen tools: Measuring cups and spoons, cutting board, sharp knife, frying pan, small bowl, spoon, spatula (or fork).
- This original recipe was developed by Extenso—the Université de Montréal reference centre on human nutrition.
- 4 bananas
- 10 ml (2 tsp) butter or non-hydrogenated margarine
- 60 ml (¼ cup) brown sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) water
1. Cut each banana into two sections and then in half lengthwise (4 pieces for each banana).
2. In a small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.
3. Add brown sugar and vanilla. Mix.
4. Place the bananas and the brown sugar mixture in a frying pan. Toss the bananas to coat with the brown sugar mixture.
5. Heat the frying pan over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, or until the bananas are warmed through and lightly browned.
6. Add the water to dilute the brown sugar mixture a little. Reheat for 1 minute and serve immediately.
This recipe provides foods from the following food group:
Delicious served with yogurt or chocolate pudding.