A great way to put fish on the menu.
- Servings: 4
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Cost per serving: $1.93
- Storage: 3 days in the fridge. Can be frozen.
- Kitchen tools: Cutting board, sharp knife, measuring cups and spoons, baking sheet, parchment paper, 2 small bowls, spoon
- This original recipe was developed by Extenso—the Université de Montréal reference centre on human nutrition
- 400-450 g frozen sole fillets (one 400 g package or half a 907 g package), thawed and patted dry with a paper towel
- 60 ml (¼ cup) mayonnaise
- 5 ml (1 tsp) paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) breadcrumbs
- 125 ml (½ cup or about ½ 100 g bag) slivered almonds
Or 60 ml (¼ cup) of sesame seeds or any other chopped nuts. You may also choose to leave out this ingredient.
1. Place oven rack in the top position and preheat the oven to 220 °C (425 °F).
2. Place the sole fillets, patted dry, side by side on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
3. In a small bowl, add the mayonnaise, paprika, salt and pepper and mix.
4. Spread a thin layer of the mayonnaise mixture over each fillet.
5. In another small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and almonds.
6. Press the breadcrumb mixture on top of the fillets with your fingers.
7. Bake for about 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish until the fillets are done and the crust is lightly golden on top.
Tip: Use the cooking time to prepare your side dishes.
This recipe provides foods from the following food groups:
- Meat and alternatives
- A grain product (rice or couscous, for example)
- Vegetables (salad or cooked vegetables, for example) and a fruit
- A glass of milk or fortified soy beverage