Oatmeal is always good and practical for hurry mornings: 12 minutes and it’s served! Add dried fruits or grated apples instead of sweetening it more.
- Servings: 1
- Preparation time: 2 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Cost per serving: 43¢
- Storage: Serve immediately.
- Kitchen tools: Measuring cups and spoons, small pot, wooden spoon.
- Reference: This original recipe was developed by Extenso—the Université de Montréal reference centre on human nutrition.
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) milk
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) brown sugar
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) ground cinnamon
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) quick-cooking rolled oats
1. In a small pot, heat the milk, brown sugar and cinnamon over medium-high heat until bubbles are just beginning to form. Turn off the heat.
2. Add the rolled oats, stir and cover for about 5 minutes.
Variation: Shake up your oatmeal by adding your choice of fresh, frozen or dried fruit, and nuts or seeds!
This recipe provides foods from the following food groups:
- Grain products
- Milk and alternatives
- A fruit
- Nuts or seeds can also be added for extra protein.