1. Pour the contents of both cans of salmon into a large bowl. Remove the skins with your fingers. Do not remove the bones — simply crush them between your fingers.
2. Add the egg, rolled oats, mozzarella cheese, molasses, garlic, mustard powder, green onions, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly with your fingers.
3. With your hands, make 4 patties about the size of your hamburger buns.
Variation: Children love mini burgers! Make 12 mini patties instead of 4 and buy mini hamburger buns.
4. In a frying pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Brown the patties for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until golden.
Tip: Use the cooking time to prepare your side dishes.
5. Serve in hamburger buns with your choice of toppings.
Tip: The patties taste great on their own, served with rice and vegetables of your choice.