1. In a medium-size pot, add the cocoa, flour, sugar and salt. Whisk together or mix with a fork.
2. Add 60 ml (¼ cup) of milk and mix. Stir in another 60 ml (¼ cup) of milk and mix until smooth. Then stir in the remaining milk.
3. Heat over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly with a whisk or a fork.
Tip: Don’t turn the heat up too high or the chocolate mixture will stick to the bottom of the pot.
4. In a small bowl, mix the egg and vanilla. Add a ladleful of the warm chocolate mixture, stirring constantly.
5. Add the egg mixture to the pot and continue cooking over medium heat until the mixture starts to bubble. This is when the pudding should thicken.
6. Reduce heat to low, add the butter and heat for 2 minutes.
7. Pour the pudding into 6 small containers. Press a sheet of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the pudding in each container.
Tip: You can also use airtight containers. Covering the pudding prevents skin from forming.
8. Chill at least 4 hours in the fridge before serving.
This recipe provides foods from the following food group:
A great dip with fresh fruit!