Preparation time 15 minutes
Cooking time 15 minutes (+ cooling time for potato)
Cost per serving 44¢
Storage 3 days in the fridge.
Kitchen tools Colander, large pot, cutting board, sharp knife, measuring cups and spoons, large bowl, spoon, small bowl, small sharp knife.
This original recipe was developed by Extenso—the Université de Montréal reference centre on human nutrition.
Because this recipe contains honey, do not serve to children under the age of 1.
1 kg (2 lb) red potatoes, thoroughly washed. Preserving the potato skin saves time and retains more dietary fibres.
2 celery sticks, finely chopped (about 175 ml / ¾ cup)
125 ml (½ cup) chopped large dill pickles (about 2 large pickles) Or an equal quantity of relish
80 ml (1/3 cup) of mayonnaise Or half mayonnaise / half plain yogurt
45 ml (3 tbsp) cider vinegar
15 ml (1 tbsp) milk
5 ml (1 tsp) honey
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 green onions, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the potatoes for 20 to 25 minutes in a pot filled with salted water. Drain and let cool.
- Dice the cooled potatoes (2 cm pieces) and place in a large bowl.
- Add the celery and the pickles.
- In a small bowl, prepare the dressing by combining the mayonnaise, cider vinegar, milk, honey, garlic and green onions. Add salt and pepper.
- Add the dressing to the salad, combine and serve.