- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 35-40 minutes
- Cost per serving: 44¢
- Storage: 3 days in the fridge. Fries are best when served right out of the oven.
- Kitchen tools: Measuring cups and spoons, cutting board, vegetable peeler, sharp knife, large bowl, baking sheet, parchment paper (or oil), wooden spoon, spatula.
- This original recipe was developed by Extenso—the Université de Montréal reference centre on human nutrition.
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) canola oil
- 10 ml (2 tsp) paprika
- 10 ml (2 tsp) curry powder Or chili powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp) brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium size sweet potato, peeled and cut into French fry sticks
- 2-3 regular potatoes, peeled and cut into French fry sticks
You can use only sweet potatoes or only regular potatoes.
1. Place oven rack in the middle position and preheat the oven to 230oC (450oF). Oil a baking sheet or cover with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix the oil with the paprika, curry powder, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
3. Add the sweet potato and regular potato Mix thoroughly so the sticks are well coated.
4. Spread the vegetable sticks on the baking sheet and bake about 20 minutes.
5. With a spatula, flip the vegetable sticks and continue cooking for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden and crispy.
This recipe provides foods from the following food groups:
One serving of this side dish is a tasty way to add vegetables to your menu!