A classic Québec recipe that adds colour to your meals.
- Servings: 5-6
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cost per serving: 33¢
- Storage: 3 days in the fridge
- Kitchen tools: Grater, measuring cups and spoons, cutting board, sharp knife, wooden spoon, large bowl, small bowl, fork
- This original recipe was developed by Extenso—the Université de Montréal reference centre on human nutrition
- 1 litre (4 cups) grated carrots (5 to 6 carrots depending on size) Or half carrots, half grated sweet potatoes
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) raisins, chopped Or dried cranberries
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) mayonnaise
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) plain yogurt Or the same quantity of mayonnaise
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) orange juice
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) dried parsley
- 1 ml (¼ tsp) ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine the carrots and raisins.
2. In a smaller bowl, prepare the dressing by combining the mayonnaise, yogurt, orange juice, parsley, cumin, salt and pepper. Mix with a fork.
3. Add the dressing to the carrots and mix well.
4. Refrigerate until serving.
This recipe provides foods from the following food groups:
One serving of this side dish is a tasty way to add vegetables to your menu!