A traditional coleslaw recipe with a touch of crispy sweetness from an apple.
- Servings: 5-6
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cost per serving: 41¢
- Storage: 3 days in the fridge
- Kitchen tools: Measuring cups and spoons, cutting board, sharp knife, wooden spoon, large bowl
- This original recipe was developed by Extenso—the Université de Montréal reference centre on human nutrition
Because this recipe contains honey, do not serve to children
under the age of 1.
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) plain yogurt Or the same quantity of mayonnaise
- 60 ml (¼ cup) apple cider vinegar
- 20 ml (4 tsp) honey
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) canola oil
- 1 ml (¼ tsp) dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 apple, cut into julienne strips Or a grated carrot
(Juliennes are thin sticks)
- ½ medium-size green cabbage, coarsely chopped
1. In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, apple cider vinegar, honey, oil, basil, salt and pepper.
2. Add the apple and mix to spread the dressing.
3. Add the cabbage and mix well.
4. Refrigerate until serving.
This recipe provides foods from the following food groups:
One serving of this side dish is a tasty way to add vegetables to your menu!