Long before a child is born, a woman’s overall health influences her baby’s chances for a healthy future. This is why the Fondation OLO provides nutritional support during pregnancy. The foundations’ contribution is very simple, but can make all the difference in the world.
- Your income is below the poverty line for your region.
… And you would like to participate in the OLO program?
- Your local Health and Social Services Centre (CSSS) or community service centre (CLSC) and talk to the person in charge of the OLO program. Find your CSSS >>
How it works
You must first make an appointment with the person in charge of the OLO program who will determine your eligibility based on the institution’s criteria. Once you’ve been admitted to the program, you will start receiving OLO supplements (egg-milk-orange and vitamin supplements) when you begin your 12th week of pregnancy.
- Individual OLO support is provided for up to 28 weeks, for women who give birth at term (40 weeks).
- Follow-up care appointments usually take place every two weeks.
- Vouchers can be redeemed at most grocery and corner stores, as well as in drug stores across Québec, where the products are available.
The Fondation OLO is able to help many women in need, thanks to financial support provided by its partners, to CSSS commitment to the cause, and to various fundraising activities.
If you have any questions about healthy eating during pregnancy, see our Pregnancy section (In French).